Cappella Romana at The Hellenic Centre, London
Byzantine Chant in the Anglosphere
The Department of Music at City University of London, in association with The School of Byzantine Music of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Thyateira and The Hellenic Centre is pleased to present an evening honouring the contributions of the late Archimandrite Ephrem Lash to the dissemination of Byzantine musical traditions in the English-speaking world.
A panel of distinguished speakers including Metropolitan Kallistos of Diokleia and Fr. Andrew Louth will be followed by Cappella Romana (directed by City’s Dr. Alexander Lingas) and the School of Byzantine Music presenting a selection of liturgical chants. This event is part of the Summer Sounds Festival at City, University of London
Admission is free, but space is limited so it is essential to book a place via the Hellenic Centre.
- His Excellency, Metropolitan Kallistos of Diokleia
- The Revd. Professor Andrew Louth
- John Boyer, Protopsaltis of the Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco
- Richard Barrett, Executive Director, AGES Initiatives and Artistic Director, St. John of Damascus Society
- Cappella Romana – Dr Alexander Lingas, Musical Director
- Cantors from the School of Byzantine Music of the Greek
- Orthodox Archdiocese of Thyateira and Great Britain – Vasilis Maroulas and Dr Dimitris Skrekas, directors