Cappella Romana is pleased to announce its 32nd Annual Season in Portland and Seattle. The 2023-24 Season offers concert experiences unlike any others. Under the leadership of Music Director and Founder Alexander Lingas, this season will span from traditional to experimental, from transcendent majesty to profound intimacy and tenderness. This is music that can change your life. This music is for you.
Season highlights include music by one of the most important female composers of Orthodox music, Galina Grigorjeva, with music by her fellow Estonian Arvo Pärt. You’ll be swept away by Byzantine masterpieces from Asia Minor and enjoy a festive Christmas concert during the Twelve Days of Christmas! The Tallis Scholars return to our series with spectacular music from Renaissance England. And in February, during Black History Month, we are launching a new annual event, Black Voices in Orthodox Music, to explore the compelling and surprising relationships between African American and Orthodox sacred musical culture.
This season, Cappella Romana offers all new Flex Passes rather than the traditional subscription in order to simplify our offerings to make attending as easy as possible. You can choose any concerts you like–even repeat concerts if you prefer.
“You’d have to have ice water in your veins not to be moved” —Willamette Week
New Flex Pass Benefits
- Hear Cappella Romana in either Portland or Seattle, evenings or matinées, or a combination!
- No additional per-ticket fees all season long
- FREE and easy ticket exchanges and lost ticket replacement
- 10% off additional single tickets you buy for friends and family
5-Concert Flex Pass Bearers Also Receive
- First access to private events
- Meet the director and the singers at behind-the-scenes rehearsals
- One additional FREE ticket per pass to a concert of your choice
PLUS Your Favorite perks
- Concert reminders and insider news
- 20% off recordings at cappellarecords.com
- Personalized concierge service